Coast 2 Coast - Black Mountains Training

I have signed myself up for a Coast 2 Coast  24 hour challenge over the weekend of 2/3 July 2011. This is 136 miles non stop so I went out and bought one of these.


The purpose of the challenge is to try and raise a bit of sponsorship to enable us to purchase some bikes for a kids mountain bike club at a school near Carlisle.

I have been working hard on my training, this is the log of my final ride.



The Vale of Ewyas is a stunning place to cycle. It cuts right through the Black Mountains from north west to south east. The ascent from the Talgarth to the Gospel Pass was interesting but the view from the top just south of Twmpa (Lord Herefords Knob) was spectacular and almost a 360.

This was a training ride so I did not take many pictures. I shall have to go back for a leisure ride which will do a blog justice. There are many places to see in this hidden valley such as Capel y ffin and the monastery at Llanthony.

This is the view from Gospel Pass.



More details on Coast 2 Coast after next week end.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greenland Kayak Balance Stool - Issiaveeraq qajaasarfik

Greenland Kayak Balance Stool – Issiaveeraq qajaasarfik - DRILLS

Searching for Gino Watkins 2016 - The Expedition.