South Wales Mountain Biking


It all started on a trip to Fort William or Fort Bill as Mt bikers appear to call it. We hired some bikes from a bike shop and off we went round Leanachan Forest for a couple of hours. Once back home we bought some real mountain bikes and that was it.
However I had not realised that right on our doorstep was the Mountain bike mecca of the Afan Forest. I spent most weekends of the summer of 2004 up at Afan and promptly wore the bike out. So I had to buy better one, a Specialized Enduro full suss voted the best bike of the last ten years by MBR. I still have the bike but its like Murphys broom ( five new handles and four new heads). I will only change it when I have found a better one and after I have replaced all my old canoeing kit.
Since 2004 I have entered a few events:
The Brecon Beast
The Dyfi Enduro
Penrith Merida
The Rough Ride - see above
SSMM 24 hours
SITS - Sleepless in The saddle, as a pair.
Selkirk Merida
Polaris

I have now ridden most of the trails in Wales, Cwmcarn - Coed y Brennin - The Marin Trail and The Red Route at Abergorlech as well as The Seven Stanes Trails at Glentress, Mabie and Dalbeattie.

I ride most weekends and one or two evenings in the week in the dark. Mountain biking in the dark is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greenland Kayak Balance Stool - Issiaveeraq qajaasarfik

Greenland Kayak Balance Stool – Issiaveeraq qajaasarfik - DRILLS

Searching for Gino Watkins 2016 - The Expedition.